iPod Jailbreak is the process of removing Apple iPod Touch restrictions imposed by Apple to install 3rd party apps on the iPod. Most of the iPod Touch jailbreak processes are the same as the iPhone jailbreak & iPad jailbreak.
There are plenty of jailbreak methods available for iPod jailbreak and those methods may vary according to iOS versions and device models.
Online Jailbreak (No PC)
There are few No PC jailbreak / Jailbreak alternatives available for the iPod Touch running the latest iOS versions. With this method, you can complete the Jailbreak process or Jailbreak alternative method without a PC. This is the easiest method.
It has several semi – tethered Jailbreak for latest iOS versions iOS 14, iOS 14.0.1, iOS 14.1, iOS 14.2, iOS 14.3, iOS 14.4, iOS 14.4.1, iOS 14.4.2 or iOS 14.5 running iPod. You can install these Jailbreak IPA’ s online instead of IPA sideloading methods. Also, iPod online Jailbreak alternative methods available. You can install Cydia and Jailbreak apps using these methods.
iOS 14 – iOS 14.5
Zeon is specially designed for iOS 14. It works with iPod touches too. Currently, this is the only online jailbreak for iOS 14.4 / iOS 14.4.1 / iOS 14.4.2 / iOS 14.5. You can install Jailbreak apps on iOS 14 using Zeon.
Download Zeon from the following pages.
iOS 14.5 jailbreak (beta)
It has Unc0ver semi-untethered Jailbreak for iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 iPod. In addition Unc0ver supports older versions of iOS 11 – iOS 13.7 running iPod too.
Its Online jailbreak method available on zJailbreak and Xabsi app store. Also, you can get these Jailbreak IPA’s through Jailbreak alternatives such as Jailbreak repo extractors. However, currently this online Unc0ver IPA is not working.
Go to the Unc0ver Jailbreak page for download and more details.
iOS 13 – iOS 13.7
Odyssey is a semi-untethered Jailbreak for iPods. It is compatible with all iOS 13 – iOS 13.7 running all latest iPods. Odyssey default app manager is Sileo. You can change the default app manager as your wish.
Download and get more details from Odyssey Jailbreak page.
Hexxa Plus is a Jailbreak Repo extractor. Hexxa Plus was specially released for iOS 13 and now compatible up to iOS 14.5 to install Jailbreak apps. As well, install Cydia and tweak using the repo extraction method.
Get Hexxa Plus download links and details from iOS 13.7 Jailbreak page.
Bregxi also jailbreak repo extractor. This will let you install Jailbreak apps on your iOS 13 – iOS 14.5 versions.
Get Bregxi download links and more details from iOS 13 – iOS 13.6.1 Jailbreak page.
Ziyu is jailbreak another repo extractor. This is the best solution to install Jailbreak apps up to iOS 13.3.
Ziyu exclusively available on zJailbreak, Xabsi or iExtras.
Click here for download & more details.
iOS 9 – iOS 12.5.2
Hexxa is a Jailbreak repo extractor which is released targeting iOS 12.2 jailbreak. Lately, it is upgraded for all iOS 12 versions up to iOS 12.5.1 running iPods. It allows you to install jailbreak apps / tweaks / themes on iOS 12 – iOS 12.5.1 iPods online.
Anzhuang is the best Online jailbreak alternative solution for iPod Touch. It uses Dev Code Extraction Method to install jailbreak apps including Cydia. However some Anzhuang functions have limitations.
You cannot install it from the App store or anywhere else. Just use zJailbreak or Xabsi or iExtras third party app stores for Anzhuang.
Anzhuang is the best jailbreak app installation method up to iOS 12.1.4 running iPod touches.
Click here to get the Anzhuang installation link and the guide.
Velonzy (Online) Method
Velonzy uses UDID registration method to install third party apps for iPod Touches. It is compatible with all the latest iOS versions up to iOS 11.4.1. Velonzy has an Online method as well as Computer required method. However, the Velonzy Online method is the way to install Cydia.You cannot install Cydia from a PC based method. Now Velonzy has been discontinued by the developer.
Normally, Velonzy is a donateware. Users must donate them to install it. Pangu8 offers a free Velonzy installation through the Pangu8 website. This is a best jailbreak alternative solution for all latest iOS versions.
Click here to get Velonzy Online installation for free.
Silzee Online JB
You can get the all semi untethered Jailbreak tools online through silzee online JB app up to iOS 12.4.9 Jailbreak.
Silzee Online JB is another NO PC jailbreak solution for iPod touches. It will give online jailbreak solutions for most of the latest semi untethered / untethered jailbreak tools.
It has Unc0ver, Chimera, Electra, G0blin, Saigon, Yalu102, H3LIX, Phoenix JB, Home Depot, Pangu JB, JailbreakME and Etason JB to download without PC. It can get online jailbreak solutions up to iOS 12.4.9 versions using the Silzee Online JB app. It is available on the zJailbreak app store according to your iOS versions.
PC Required Jailbreak
Most jailbreak tools ask for PC support. Also it is available some PC required third party app installers. All these methods allow you to install jailbreak features to your iPod touches.
Following Jailbreak tools / jailbreak alternatives can be used to jailbreak iPod touches according to the iOS version.
- Checkra1n Jailbreak – iOS 12.3 – iOS 13.7 on A5-A11 devices & iOS 14 / iOS 14.0.1 / iOS 14.1 / iOS 14.2 / iOS 14.3 / iOS 14.4 / iOS 14.4.1 / iOS 14.4.2 / iOS 14.5 for A5-A11 devices.
- Taurine Jailbreak – iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 on A9 – A14 devices
- Odyssey Jailbreak – iOS 13 – iOS 13.7 on A9- A13 devices
- Unc0ver Jailbreak – iOS 11 – iOS 14.3 on all device models
- RoolessJB – iOS 12 to iOS 12.4.8 versions on A5-A11 devices
- Chimera Jailbreak – iOS 12 to iOS 12.5 versions (64-bit only)
- Electra Jailbreak – iOS 11 to iOS 11.4.1 versions (64-bit only)
- Velonzy PC support method – iOS 10.3.3 to iOS 11.4.1 (64-bit/32-bit)
- Houdini Semi Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.2 & iOS 11 to iOS 11.3.1 (64-bit only)
- Meridian Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- G0blin Jailbreak – iOS 10.3 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- DoubleH3Lix Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- H3Lix Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (32-bit only)
- Pangu8 Jailbreak App Installer – iOS 10.3.3 (64-bit/32-bit)
- Saigon Jailbreak – iOS 10.2.1 version (64-bit only)
- Yalu102 Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.2 versions (64-bit only)
- Phoenix Jailbreak – iOS 9.3.5 version (32-bit only)
- JailbreakMe – iOS 9.1 to iOS 9.3.4 versions (32-bit only)
- BetterHomeDepot Jailbreak – iOS 9.1 to iOS 9.3.4 versions (32-bit only)
- Pangu JB – iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- Etason Jailbreak – iOS 8.4.1 version (32-bit only)
Apple Store Jailbreak
Apple store jailbreak is another online jailbreaking method for the iPod devices. iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3 users had a chance to jailbreak iPod by using Apple store PG Client application. PG Client was the clone of PP jailbreak tool and supported jailbreak without using PC. This method is now not working because Apple identified it and removed the PG Client app from the Apple Store.
Cydia install guide for iPod Touch
Jailbreak is the only solution for iPod Touch Cydia install. Except for jailbreak no other solution for it or even iPod Touch users cannot download Cydia for iPod via Saurik official Cydia site.
Click the Cydia install page to get the iPod touch installation guide according to your device version.
iPod Touch Jailbreak Legal status
According to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), USA iPod Touch jailbreak is legal. However, following iPod jailbreak things are still illegal.
- Sim unlock using jailbreaking
- Cannot use spy apps
- Paid app download
- Stolen iPod iCloud bypass using jailbreak
- Change Apple trade mark
Difference between Jailbroken and non-Jailbroken iPod
iOS devices have the best smartphone camera. However, Apple offers some basic camera functions to default users. However, iPod Touch users can increase camera features after jailbroken.
There are two types of games available. (free and paid). In paid games, you have to pay coins to unlock further levels. However, jailbroken iPod Touch users can unlock game levels without paying.
Jailbroken iPod Touch users can download applications from both the official App Store and Cydia app store.
Instructions before iPod Touch Jailbreak
- Choose a compatible jailbreak tool according to device model and iOS version.
- Select iTunes firmware upgrade method instead of OTA, because of some particular jailbreak tools not compatible with OTA.
- Computers should run on minimum OS – XP for Windows – OS x 10.7 for Mac.
- Data should be backup before starting jailbreak. There are two types of methods available for data backup. Please use iTunes backup method instead of iCloud backup. iTunes backup is much easier than iCloud and there are unlimited data spaces that are unavailable on iTunes backup.
- Disable Touch ID and regular password before jailbreak. You can re-enable these setting changes after complete jailbreak.
- Disable Find My iPhone. You should re-enable Find My iPhone after jailbreak.
- Enable AirPlane mode and disable it after jailbreak.
Install latest iPod Touch features through iPod Touch jailbreak
Apple introduced so many new features with the latest iOS releases and devices. However, jailbroken iPod Touch users have the ability to install Apple all latest new features without firmware upgrade or hardware upgrade through jailbreak tweaks support.
Even iPod Touch does not support Auto Brightness, voice calls, text messages, cellular data. However, jailbroken users can convert an iPod Touch device as a normal iPhone device. Following jailbreak features install the latest iPod Touch features to your old device.
- Search in Settings – SearchSettings
- Quick Reply for Message- Auki
- Notification Center Widgets – NCWeather /Social Sharing Widget
- Third Party Keyboards – Hipjot / TouchPal
- Touch ID – iTouchSecure / UnlockID / BioLaunch
- Emoji icons – Emoji83
- 3D Touch – Notifications / Forcy /appendix
- QuickType – PredictiveKeyboard
- Night Shift – F.lux
- Live photo – PhotosLive / EnableLivePhotos