Checkra1n Jailbreak has been released for all A5-A11 iPhone, iPad and iPods. Now it is available to download the Checkrain dmg file for iOS 12.3 – iOS 13.3 MAC users only.
Device : iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X , iPad 2 , iPad Mini (1st gen), iPad (3rd gen), iPad (4th gen), iPad mini 4, iPad Pro (12.9 in.) 1st gen, iPad 2018 (6th gen), iPad 2019, (7th gen), iPad Pro 10.5″ (2017) , iPad Pro 12.9″ 2nd Gen (2017), iPod Touch (5th Gen)
Unsupported devices : iPhone 5s, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air
iOS versions : iOS 13.3, iOS 13.2.3, iOS 13.2.2, iOS 13.2, iOS 13.1.3, iOS 13.1.2, iOS 13.1.1, iOS 13.1, iOS 13, iOS 12.4.4, iOS 12.4.3, iOS 12.4.2, iOS 12.4.1, iOS 12.4, iOS 12.3.2, iOS 12.3.1, iOS 12.3
Note – This can not be patched through a software update. So, it hoped it would be compatible with every iOS version running on iPhone 5S to iPhone X.
Checkra1n Jailbreak for MAC users – Step Guide
Step 01 – Download the Checkra1n from above dmg file.
Step 02 – Drag the Checkra1n file into the Applications.
Step 03 – Connect the Mac and the device. Open Mac’s application folder > checkra1n > Contents > MacOS > Checkra1n_gui Terminal file. Now your device will be recognized by Checkra1n.
Step 04 – Click on the Start now. Then it will ask you to enter DFU Mode. Click on Next and it will guide you to enter the DFU Mode.
Step 05 – Again click the Start button and Turn the device into DFU mode by pressing Side button and Volume down button as the instructions right of the window. (iOS 13.2.3 users check the video guide for this step)
Step 06 – Once entered DFU mode successfully, it will start the jailbreak process. Wait until complete it and close the checkra1n application after completing the jailbreak process. Then the Checkra1n app will be added on your device homescreen.
Step 07 – Open the Checkra1n application from your device homescreen. Click on Cydia > Install Cydia> Done. Now Cydia on your device.
Here is the Checkrain Video Guide for iOS 13.2.3 users
Checkra1n alternative for Windows users
1) Ra1nUSB Jailbreak
Ra1nusb is not a Jailbreak tool. It will help you to create a bootable USB on your Windows or Linux PC. It will boot with a pre-packaged version of macOS to run the checkra1n tool. It is a somewhat complicated method.
Step 01 – Download Ra1nUSB according to your PC using the links below.
Step 02 – Download etcher to create a bootable USB drive using the tool. Choose the Ra1nUSB image file when prompted.
Step 03 – Now boot your PC and go to BIOS by pressing the F10/F12 or DEL. Disable the following features.
Wake on LAN
Then enable the Virtualization option and save the changes.
Step 04 – Now connect the bootable Ra1nUSB pen drive and switch on your PC again. Let it boot from USB drive. Select the Boot macOS Install from Ra1nUSB option.
Step 05 – You can see the macOS-like installer screen if Ra1nUSB successfully works. Don’t tap on proceed with the installation of macOS. Tap on the Utilities from the top.
Step 06 – Then type “ra1nusb” in the Terminal window > Enter. It should open the Checkra1n jailbreak tool you can go ahead with the Checkra1n Jailbreak process. Use the same MAC guide to complete the checkra1n Jailbreak.
2) Ra1nstorm Jailbreak
Ra1nStorm is a utility pack that allows you to run Checkra1n Jailbreak on Windows and Linux. It is available Ra1nstorm 0.9.2 to run Checkra1n jailbreak on your Windows. Use the following unofficial ra1nstorm (KVM/IOMMU) guide with checkrain jailbreak. Then follow the Checkrain Mac guide to complete the jailbreak process.
Step 01 – Download Rainstorm to your Windows computer using the button below.
Step 02 – Run the downloaded rainstorm file to install MAC.
Step 03 – Now, Windows users can run Checkrain jailbreak using Windows computer.
Step 04 – Continue above Checkra1n jailbreak Mac guide.
Everyone knows that Checkra1n is the only Semi- tethered Jailbreak for iOS 13 to iOS 13.3 running A5-A11 devices only. A12 , A13 users have to use alternative methods to install jailbreak apps on iOS 13 & higher versions. Currently, Hexxa Plus is the most popular alternative for Checkrain.
For the first time Hexxa Plus released targeting iOS 13 jailbreak. Then, Hexxa plus support released iOS 13.1 – iOS 13.1.3, iOS 13.2 – iOS 13.2.3 and now it has upgraded to the latest iOS 13.3 / iOS 13.3.1 too.
Checkra1n for Apple TV
The checkra1n jailbreak has been updated with support for the Apple TV 4 for the very first time. The release was announced on Twitter by @nitoTV.
Currently, only works effectively on the fourth-generation Apple TV. Also, he said Owners would experience issues with DFU Mode if they attempted to use on Apple TV 4K. It is available on temporary site as follows.
Here is another Apple TV update has been released.
Go for Apple TV Jailbreak page for more details.
More about CheckRa1n
- CheckRa1n is a permanent semi-tethered jailbreak for every iOS version running A5-A11 devices. It cannot be fixed without a hardware replacement. This is based on the unpatchable bootrom exploit called Checkm8. It’s called a check rain jailbreak also.
- Once complete the checkra1n jailbreak process it will automatically download Cydia. Currently, you cannot install Sileo or any other package manager with Checkra1n at this moment.
- Checkra1n tool’s developers are axi0mX (Checkm8 exploit developer), qwertyoruiopz (Luca Todesco), Argp, danyl931, jaywalker, kirb, littlelailo, nitoTV, nullpixel, pimskeks, sbingner, siguza, haifisch, jndok, jonseals, xerub, lilstevie, psychotea, sferrini, Cellebrite (ih8sn0w, cjori, ronyrus et al.), et al.
- checkRa1n is similar to older BlackRa1n Jailbreak, limera1n Jailbreak, purplera1n Jailbreak. This was based on the bootrom exploit by George Hotz (geohot). It lets you select the package manager. It was used to Jailbreak all iOS devices running iOS 3.1, iOS 3.1.1 and iOS 3.1.2. It seems, Checkra1n followed that style. It will add Zebra package manager in future updates.
- Checkm8 exploit which is used to develop CheckRa1n is tethered. But tethered jailbreak has been around a long time. That is every time your iOS device boot or the battery dies, you have to connect your iOS device back to your computer. Then it boots with the aid of the jailbreak app. Now, this is not practical. Untethered was the most popular and hassle free method. There is no issue with rebooting the process with untethered. Nowadays, a popular method is semi-untethered. It is a process of activating Jailbreak through running the Jailbreak app and there is no required Computer support. However, CheckRa1n was released as a semi-tethered Jailbreak because it has a Jailbreak app.
- CheckRa1n will be compatible with upcoming iOS versions too. Because, it is based on the unpatchable bootrom exploit. Bootrom is the first significant code that runs on an iOS device. So, this is unpatchable hardware based Jailbreak which can not be fixed through software update.
checkra1n jailbreak status
Here are the previous checkra1n jailbreak status from the official checkra1n jailbreak twitter account and developers account.
- Checkra1n jailbreak achieved on iOS 13.3.1 beta –18th December
@BarisUlasCukur says Checkra1n Compatible with the latest iOS 13.3.1 beta too. @iFenixx also confirmed that iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 Jailbreak Successful. However, it still did not added the support officially.
- Enter DFU mode issue with USB Lightning cables. – 16th November
It has some USB cable issue, when it tries to enter DFU mode with some lightning cables. So, Checkrain team has given some instructions how to use lightning cables to enter DFU mode.
- Checkra1n Windows and Linux versions are coming soon – 16th November
Checkrain officially informed us that they are working hard to release Windows and Linux version soon. As always they weren’t hinted at the fixed date as the release date.
- Qwertyoruiop tested CheckRa1n iOS 13.2 jailbreak on 7th gen iPod – 31st October
Nowadays, Checkra1n team testing Checkra1n betas on several devices. This time, developer Qwertyoruiop has tweeted an image of Checkra1n Jailbreak on iOS 13.2 running iPod. It shows Cydia and Zebra on the device’s homescreen. So, it confirmed iOS 13.2 jailbroken with the new CheckRa1n tool.
- CheckRa1n jailbreak running Cydia and Zebra package managers -27 th October
It has published an image of an iPhone SE with iOS 13.1.2 running the Zebra, an iPod touch (seventh genn) with iOS 13.1.3 running Cydia in official checkra1n . Also, there is an image of an iPhone X running an unknown version of iOS with the Cydia app on its Home screen. So, it seems, CheckRa1n is coming with two package managers. Cydia is the most popular and everyone knows about Cydia. Zebra is an alternative package manager to Cydia. Previously, Zebra was available on the official Cydia Repository. Also, it was completely open source and located on GitHub. So, Checkra1n will be coming with cydia as well as this newly updated zebra package manager.
- Senior security researcher GeoSn0w says, CheckRa1n Jailbreak will be the biggest Jailbreak in past 10 years – 27th October
- Qwertyoruiop talking about of Checkra1n Jailbreak – 19th October
Luca Todesco, famous jailbreak developer of the community is the lead developer of CheckRa1n Jailbreak. He is the developer of the famous Yalu Jailbreak for early iOS versions. According to his statement, Checkra1n will be the smoothest and fastest Jailbreak ever.
- CheckRa1n jailbreak app running on various devices -19th October
checkra1n Twitter page teased an image of a seventh-gen iPod touch and iPhone SE running iOS 13 with the checkra1n jailbreak app. So, it proves the Jailbreak app name as checkra1n. Most probably this will be a semi-untethered jailbreak even checkm8 exploit is tethered.
- Checkra1n tested on iOS 12.X and iOS 13 running t7000, s8000, t8010, t8015 – 17th October
Checkra1n twitter account published a video of booting Checkra1n on various bootrom on iOS 12 and iOS 13. That means CheckRa1n is supported with iOS 13 Jailbreak and iOS 12 Jailbreak. Also, it is compatible with the following devices which are capable of running iOS 12.X or iOS 13.X.
T7000 – Apple TV (4th gen), HomePod, iPad mini 4, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPod touch (6th gen)
S8000 – iPad (5th gen), iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE
T8010 – iPad (6th gen), iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
T8015 – iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- checkRa1n completed 3 stages with the team members – 10th October
According to the checkrain official twitter account, jailbreak tool developing project is ongoing. Also, it has been made with the contribution of many developers including Axi0mx, qwertyoruiopz, iH8snow.
- Qwertyoruiopz has published an image of logo of Jailbreak based on the checkm8 exploit for the very first time – 10th October
Checkra1n Official site
checkra.in is the official site of Checkra1n jailbreak tool. According to them, official domains are checkra1n.com, checkra1n.io, checkra1n.dev & checkra1n.net. Further they says, avoid other similar-looking domain names as there are known- malicious sites/fake sites.
Fake / Scam checkm8 based Checkra1n jailbreak
There are many fake/scam websites are launched based on this Checkra1n jailbreak. They pretend as Checkrain is released. Also, official CheckRa1n site mentioned about this malicious sites. Here are some of fake malicious sites.
This website pretends that Checkra1n jailbreak was released. According to that site, there are Checkra1n 1.1 & 1.3.5 versions available to download with no pc method. Also, they have mentioned the developers as Coolstar, Jamie Bishops, Ninjaprawn & Brandon Azad & Ian beer as exploit developers. This is a completely fake site. They have a mobile configuration file to download. Once you download this it will install Checkra1n profile into your device settings. Once you go ahead with the installation process it will install the Checkra1n Jailbreak app. Then it will offer the same jailbreak process and finally ask you to install two apps. Stay away from this site.
This is another sacam. Once you go to this site they will show everything as real. It will detect your iOS version and model offer you the Checkra1n 1.3.5 Jailbreak screen. Once you tap the Jailbreak button it will run the configuration process same as real jailbreak. Finally, it will ask to continue the Jailbreak and ask to backup your device too. At last it will ask you to Run 02 apps to complete the process. They are earning money through the PPI method. Stay away from this site too.