Checkra1n jailbreak released as a semi tethered. Now it is available beta version to jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 – iOS 12.3 only for macOS users. Windows and Linux will be added soon.
CheckRa1n is permanent jailbreak for every iOS version. It’s called as check rain jailbreak also. This is based on the unpatchable bootrom exploit called Checkm8. It cannot fix without a hardware replacement.
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X , iPad 2 , iPad Mini (1st gen), iPad (3rd gen), iPad (4th gen), iPad mini 4, iPad Pro (12.9 in.) 1st gen, iPad 2018 (6th gen), iPad 2019, (7th gen), iPad Pro 10.5″ (2017) , iPad Pro 12.9″ 2nd Gen (2017), iPod touch (5th Gen)
Unsupported devices : Still these device support experimental
iPad Air 2, iPad 5th Gen, iPad Pro 1st Gen, iPhone 5s, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air
Note : Not compatible with A12 – A13 chips powered devices. So, iPhone XS series and iPhone 11 series not compatible.
iOS versions Compatibility
iOS 13.2.2, iOS 13.2, iOS 13.1.3, iOS 13.1.2, iOS 13.1.1, iOS 13.1, iOS 13, iOS 12.4.3, iOS 12.4.2, iOS 12.4.1, iOS 12.4, iOS 12.3.2, iOS 12.3.1, iOS 12.3
Note – This is can not be patched through software update. So, it hoped it would be compatible with every iOS version running on iPhone 5S to iPhone X. Previously proved the iOS 13.2 Jailbreak & iOS 13.1.3 Jailbreak possibility. Now, successfully jailbroken iOS 12.3 to iOS 13.2.2 besides iOS 13.3 beta version.
Download checkra1n jailbreak
It is available MacOS dmg file only. Still, Checkra1n IPA not available to download for public.So, following Mac guide can be used for Mac users to download Cydia after the Checkra1n jailbreak process. You cannot install Sileo or any package manager with Checkra1n at this moment.
Step 01 – Download the Checkra1n from above dmg file.
Step 02 – Drag the Checkra1n file into the Applications.
Step 03 – Make sure to turn off filevault. Otherwise you cannot run the Checkra1n application on your Mac. Then go to the General tab —> Allow.
Step 04 –Connect the Mac and the device. Then Run the Checkra1n app —> Start —> Next —> wait until spring the device.
Step 05 – Start again —> Turn the device into DFU mode by pressing Side button and Volume down button as the instructions right of the window.
Step 06 – Now, it will start the jailbreak. Wait until complete it. After completing the jailbreak process Checkra1n app will added on your device homescreen.
Step 07 – Run the Checkra1n application located on your homescreen. Click on Cydia —> Install Cydia —> Done. Now Cydia on your device.
CheckRa1n Team (Developers)
axi0mX (Checkm8 exploit developer), qwertyoruiopz (Luca Todesco), Argp, danyl931, jaywalker, kirb, littlelailo, nitoTV, nullpixel, pimskeks, sbingner, siguza, haifisch, jndok, jonseals, xerub, lilstevie, psychotea, sferrini, Cellebrite (ih8sn0w, cjori, ronyrus et al.), et al.
checkra1n jailbreak status
Here are the previous checkra1n jailbreak status from the official checkra1n jailbreak twitter account and developers account.
- Qwertyoruiop tested CheckRa1n iOS 13.2 jailbreak on 7th gen iPod – 31st October
Nowadays, Checkra1n team testing Checkra1n betas on several devices. This time, developer Qwertyoruiop has tweeted an image of Checkra1n Jailbreak on iOS 13.2 running iPod. It shows Cydia and Zebra on device’s homescreen. So, it confirmed iOS 13.2 jailbroken with new CheckRa1n tool.
- CheckRa1n jailbreak running Cydia and Zebra package managers -27 th October
It has published an image of an iPhone SE with iOS 13.1.2 running the Zebra, an iPod touch (seventh genn) with iOS 13.1.3 running Cydia in official checkra1n . Also, there is an image of an iPhone X running an unknown version of iOS with the Cydia app on its Home screen. So, it seems, CheckRa1n coming with two package managers. Cydia is the most popular and everyone knows about Cydia. Zebra is an alternative package manager to Cydia. Previously, Zebra was available on the official Cydia Repository. Also, it was completely open source and located on GitHub. So, Checkra1n will be coming with cydia as well as this newly updated zebra package manager.
- Senior security researcher GeoSn0w says, CheckRa1n Jailbreak will be the biggest Jailbreak in past 10 years – 27th October
- Qwertyoruiop talking about of Checkra1n Jailbreak – 19th October
Luca todesco, famous jailbreak developer of the community is the lead developer of CheckRa1n Jailbreak. He is the developer of famous Yalu Jailbreak for early iOS versions. According to his statement, Checkra1n will be the smoothest and fastest Jailbreak ever.
- CheckRa1n jailbreak app running on various devices -19th October
checkra1n Twitter page teased an image of a seventh-gen iPod touch and iPhone SE running iOS 13 with the checkra1n jailbreak app. So, it proves the Jailbreak app name as checkra1n. Most probably this will be a semi-untethered jailbreak even checkm8 exploit is tethered.
- Checkra1n tested on iOS 12.X and iOS 13 running t7000, s8000, t8010, t8015 – 17th October
Checkra1n twitter account published a video of booting Checkra1n on various bootrom on iOS 12 and iOS 13. That means CheckRa1n supported with iOS 13 Jailbreak and iOS 12 Jailbreak. Also, it is compatible with the following devices which is capable to run iOS 12.X or iOS 13.X.
T7000 – Apple TV (4th gen), HomePod, iPad mini 4, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPod touch (6th gen)
S8000 – iPad (5th gen), iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE
T8010 – iPad (6th gen), iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
T8015 – iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- checkRa1n completed 3 stages with the team members – 10th October
According to checkrain official twitter account, jailbreak tool developing project is ongoing. Also, it has made with the contribution of many developers including Axi0mx, qwertyoruiopz, iH8snow.
- Qwertyoruiopz has published an image of logo of Jailbreak based on the checkm8 exploit for the very first time – 10th October
More about CheckRa1n
- checkRa1n is similar to older BlackRa1n Jailbreak, limera1n Jailbreak, purplera1n Jailbreak. This was based on the bootrom exploit by George Hotz (geohot). It let you select the package manager. It was used to Jailbreak all iOS devices running iOS 3.1, iOS 3.1.1 and iOS 3.1.2. It seems, Checkra1n followed that style.
- Still no idea about Jailbreak method. Checkm8 exploit which is used to develop CheckRa1n is tethered. But tethered jailbreak has been around a long time. That is every time your iOS device boot or the battery dies, you have to connect your iOS device back to your computer. Then it boot with the aid of the jailbreak app. Now, this is not practical. Untethered was the most popular and hassle free method. There is no issue with rebooting process with untethered. Nowadays, popular method is semi-untethered. It is a process of activating Jailbreak through running the Jailbreak app. There is no required Computer support. Most probably, CheckRa1n will be a semi-untethered Jailbreak because it has Jailbreak app. On the other hand, it will be an untethered jailbreak hence this is permanent jailbreak.
- CheckRa1n will be compatible with upcoming iOS versions too. Because, it is based on the unpatchable bootrom exploit. Bootrom is first significant code that runs on an iOS device. So, this is unpatchable hardware based Jailbreak which can not be fixed through software update.
Fake / Scam checkm8 based Checkra1n jailbreak
Still there is no public tool release of Checkra1n. Currently developers, working hard to release the Checkra1n jailbreak with Contribution of many famous developers. However, there are many fake/scam websites are launched based on this Checkra1n jailbreak. They pretend as Checkrain is released.
Also, official CheckRa1n site mentioned about this malicious sites. According to them, official domains are checkra1n.com, checkra.in, checkra1n.io, checkra1n.dev & checkra1n.net. Further they says, avoid other similar-looking domain names as there are known-malicious sites.
Here are some of fake malicious sites.
This website pretend that Checkra1n jailbreak released. According to that site, there is Checkra1n 1.1 & 1.3.5 versions available to download with no pc method. Also, they have mentioned the, developers as Coolstar, Jamie Bishops, Ninjaprawn & Brandon Azad & Ian beer as exploit developer. This is completely fake site. They have mobile configuration file to download. Once you download this it will install Checkra1n profile into you device settings. Once you go ahead with the install process it will install Checkra1n Jailbreak app. Then it will offer the same jailbreak process and finally ask you to install two apps. Stay away from this site.
This is another sacam. Once you go to this site they will show everything as real. It will detect your iOS version and model offer you the Checkra1n 1.3.5 Jailbreak screen. Once you tap the Jailbreak button it will run the configuration process same as real jailbreak. Finally, it will ask to continue the Jailbreak and ask to backup your device too. At last it will ask you to Run 02 apps to complete the process. They are earning money to PPI method. Stay away from this site too.