Blizzard jailbreak is an upcoming semi-tethered jailbreak for iOS 15 – iOS 16.0.2 on checkm8 compatible devices. It is developed by iOS security enthusiast GeoSn0w (@FCE365). Blizzard Jailbreak will be free and fully open-source.
iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPod Touch 7th Gen, iPad 7th Gen, iPad 6th Gen, iPad Pro, iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPad 5th Gen, iPad 4th Gen, iPad Mini 4
iOS version compatibility
iOS 16.0.2, iOS 16.0.1, iOS 16, iOS 15.7.9, iOS 15.7.8, iOS 15.7.7, iOS 15.7.6, iOS 15.7.5, iOS 15.7.4, iOS 15.7.3, iOS 15.7.2, iOS 15.7.1, iOS 15.7, iOS 15.6.1, iOS 15.6, iOS 15.5, iOS 15.4.1, iOS 15.4, iOS 15.3.1, iOS 15.3, iOS 15.2.1, iOS 15.2, iOS 15.1.1, iOS 15.1, iOS 15.0.2, iOS 15.0.1, iOS 15
Note – Blizzard Jailbreak was a fully working complete jailbreak for iOS 9 – iOS 9.3.6 32-Bit devices too. Find more information from iOS 9.3.5 jailbreak page. Also he planned to release it for iOS 11 – iOS 13.5 too.
At the moment you can not download Blizzard for iOS 15 – iOS 16.0.2 versions and still under development. It will be coming soon!
Note – Still blizzard has not released any iOS versions and did not mention about the iOS 17 beta, iOS 16.6.1, iOS 16.6. iOS 16.5.1, iOS 16.5, iOS 16.4.1, iOS 16.4, iOS 16.3.1, iOS 16.3, iOS 16.2, iOS 16.1.2, iOS 16.1.1, iOS 16.1, iOS 16.0.3 versions also. Refer to the iOS 17 Jailbreak, iOS 16.7 Jailbreak, iOS 16.6/iOS 16.6.1 Jailbreak, iOS 16.5/iOS 16.5.1 Jailbreak, iOS 16.4/iOS 16.4.1 Jailbreak, iOS 16.3 / iOS 16.3.1 Jailbreak, iOS 16.2 Jailbreak, iOS 16.1 – iOS 16.1.2 Jailbreak or iOS 16 – iOS 16.0.3 Jailbreak pages to find jailbreak solutions.
Package manager of blizzard
Once completed, Blizzard Jailbreak will give you the choice of Sileo, Zebra and Installer 5
Important facts about Blizzard
- PongoOS or any other similar components are not used by Blizzard jailbreak. It takes so long because every patch is hand-made. The checkm8 SecureROM exploit is the only third-party component that employs.
- You can disable the anti-piracy feature in Blizzard Jailbreak’s RELEASE version after accepting a warning. Additionally, Blizzard won’t automatically remove your pirated tweaks.
- On iOS 15 and 16, the Rootless Bootstrap is used as the Blizzard Jailbreak and will not perform ROOT FS remounting or bind mounts. This is actually much better and cleaner, and it is a significant step toward making it impossible for apps to detect jailbreaks.
- LibHooker not yet tested.
- The creation of a patchfinder bare-metal program to be added to the end of iBoot and launched upon boot is still ongoing (apply patches on the fly)
Unc0ver, Checkra1n, Cheyote are the jailbreak alternatives. Unfortunately these jailbreak tools do not upgrade for iOS 15 & higher versions.
Find more details about these jailbreak tools from the following pages.
There are jailbreak alternative solutions such as Sileem, Zeon for the latest iOS versions. You can find these jailbreak solutions from the following links.
Progress of work
- Blizzard jailbreak working on iOS 16.0.2
- Blizzard Jailbreak running on iOS 15.6.1, Sileo working, Procursus Rootless Bootstrap, SSH, etc.
- Proof that Sandbox is patched on Blizzard Jailbreak, iOS 15.6.1. Writing outside of the app container works, reading works too.
- Zebra running on Blizzard Jailbreak (iOS 15.6.1)
- iOS 15.6.1 fully patched kernel, fully booted on my iPod, with file systems properly mounted, etc. Time to get Cydia running