Palera1n is the first ever iOS 15 – iOS 15.7.1 semi-tethered checkm8 jailbreak. iOS 16 – iOS 16.1.1 jailbreak support is coming soon!
For iOS 16 – iOS 16.1.1
Now developers working for Palera1n iOS 16 – iOS 16.1.1 support.
So, Palera1n support for iOS 16 – iOS 16.1.1 will add soon. Refer iOS 16 – iOS 16.0.3 Jailbreak, iOS 16.1 / iOS 16.1.1 Jailbreak pages for more details. However, no hint about iOS 16.2 Jailbreak (beta), use Palera1n Jailbreak alternatives.
For iOS 15 – iOS 15.7.1
Palera1n is the fist jailbreak tool which comes to the iOS 15 all versions in ages.
Palera1n 1.3.0 is now available to download. However, this is still work in progress. At the moment Palera1n Jailbreak is recommended for developers only.
- You must disable your passcode on A10 and A11 devices in order to use it. Until palera1n is gone, you won’t be able to use your passcode or any other SEP functionality. SEP features like a passcode, Face ID/Touch ID, and Apple Pay are among them.
- This may in the future be fixed on A10 devices using a SEP exploit. However, there isn’t a SEP exploit for A11 devices, so this cannot currently be fixed.
- Since the script replaces Tips with Amy’s loader app called Pogo, you must install it via TrollStore.
- If your device is stuck in recovery, please run futurerestore –exit-recovery, or use irecovery -n.
- Ensure that auto-boot is consistently set to false (unless restoring rootfs)
How to jailbreak iOS 15 – iOS 15.7.1 using palera1n
Step 01 – Clone the palera1n repo from Github or clone the Palera1n tethered checkm8 jailbreak with installed Sileo and Substitute using -b tweaks – -recursive http://github.com/palera1n/palera1n && cd palera1n
*Run cd palera1n if you’ve already cloned the repository.
Step 02 – Execute “./palera1n.sh – -tweaks“
*Before running, put your device in DFU Mode.
* Add – -debugto the end and use those logs to troubleshoot if you’re having problems.
The Tips app will be replaced and blobs will be dumped when your device next boots into ramdisk mode. In order to prepare for the tether, it will also set boot args and other variables.
Step 03 – Restart recovery and then put the device back into DFU mode.
Step 04 – When the device starts, launch the Tips app, and select install.
Step 05 – You ought to have seen Sileo on your home screen. If not, select Tools from the menu. Tap Do all
Step 06 – Add the repository at mineek.github.io/repo
Step 07 – Install OpenSSH, wget, and curl
Step 08 – Make sure your gadget is plugged into your Mac, then press enter.
Step 09 – Now Sileo will vanish, and Sileo and Substitute with icons will appear. This could take a while because more packages need to be downloaded.
Step 10 – PreferenceLoader from http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia and NewTerm 2 from Chariz will both require installation.
Step 11 – When you hit enter on the Mac, your iPhone will restart. When palera1n shows “Done”, the tweaks should now be usable.
How to remove palera1n
Using the commands listed below on a PC or Mac while your device is connected and in DFU will allow you to unjailbreak your device once more. You don’t need to restore in order to undo the jailbreak.
You will need to complete another step first if you use Linux.
- Launch a terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo systemctl stop usbmuxd
sudo usbmuxd -f -p
- Open a second terminal, and then carry out the next steps using that terminal window.
- Clone the repo with git clone -b tweaks –recursive https://github.com/palera1n/palera1n && cd palera1n
- Run cd palera1n if you’ve already cloned the repository.
- Execute “./palera1n.sh – -restore-rootfs”
- Add – -debug to the end and use those logs to troubleshoot if you’re having problems.
- You should be able to use your phone normally after your device boots into iOS.
Palrera1n Jailbreak alternative for latest devices
Plaerain jailbreak is not compatible with latest devices such as iPhone 11 models, iPhone 12 models, iPhone 13 models, iPhone 14 models. Also it’s not compatible with latest iOS versions such as iOS 16, iOS 16.1, iOS 16.2. So all these users can use the following Jailbreak alternative solutions.
01. Sileem – It is a Jailbreak repo extractor. All iOS 16 running latest devices users can get Jailbreak apps using this jailbreak alternative solution.
02. Zeon- Zeon can be used iOS 15 – iOS 15.7.1 latest device users as an alternative Jailbreak solution. It will let you install jailbreak apps, themes, tweaks and many more to your latest device.
You can get more information about the jailbreak alternative solution from the following links.
Nebula (@itsnebulalol) & Mineek (@mineekdev)
More Facts about Palera1n
- First it was released as a developer jailbreak, that means no tweak injection.Then tweak injection supports iOS 15 – iOS 15.3.1 as tethered. Later it upgraded to iOS 15.7.1. Now it’s going to add iOS 16 jailbreak support.
- Palera1n jailbreak getting more improvements with the Palera1n loader app. It will be added via the next 1.4.0 update. So you don’t need a tips app.
- Because this is a tethered jailbreak, the device must always be started from a computer in order to function.
- The tool uses Sileo as the default package manager.
- The installation procedure for the Palera1n Jailbreak is less user-friendly than that of other jailbreaks.
- Currently Palerain recommends iOS or iPadOS 15.1, but future updates to the tool should make all versions of the firmware even more stable.
- Pogo developer, is working on implementing a tweak injection method for Palera1n jailbreak.
- Palerain 1.1.1 version booted the device with AMFI patches. The first time you run it, a ramdisk will boot up and install Sileo and Substitute while also dumping your onboard blob.
List of compatible iOS 15 tweaks
CC On & Off