iPod Jailbreak is the process of removing Apple iPod Touch restrictions imposed by Apple to install 3rd party apps on the iPod. Most of iPod Touch jailbreak processes are same as iPhone jailbreak & iPad jailbreak.
There are plenty of jailbreak methods available for iPod jailbreak and those methods may vary according to iOS versions and device models. First, find the running iOS version on your device.
How to find an iOS version?
Go to “Settings” — > “General” — > “About” and find your device running iOS version.
Select the best jailbreak solution from following three types of jailbreak methods according to your iPod running iOS version.
iPod Touch Jailbreak Methods
01) No PC (Online) Jailbreak – No need to get the computer support for this method. Just use the iPod Touch Safari browser to complete the jailbreak process to install third party apps.
02) PC Required Jailbreak – This method asks Windows / Mac / Linux support to complete the jailbreak process. It needs to connect the iPod Touch with the computer during the jailbreak process.
03) Apple Store jailbreak – It helps PC Client Application to complete the jailbreak process. Also, it never asks for the computer support
01) No PC required (Online) jailbreak
There are few No PC required jailbreak solutions available for the iPod Touch running latest iOS versions. All the following methods offer to install Cydia.
- Hexxa / Hexxa Plus
Hexxa is an iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Repo extractor. It will install Jailbreak apps on iOS 12.2. As well, install Cydia and tweaks using repo extraction method. Hexxa Plus was specially released for iOS 13.
Get Hexxa download links and details from iOS 12.2 Jailbreak. Hexxa plus specially designed for iOS 13. Go to iOS 13.1 – iOS 13.1.3 Jailbreak page, iOS 13.2 – iOS 13.2.3 Jailbreak page or iOS 13 – iOS 13.4 Jailbreak page for more details.
Bregxi is an online jailbreak app installation method for iOS 12.3 / iOS 12.3.1 / iOS 12.3.2 / iOS 12.4.1 / iOS 12.4.2 / iOS 12.4.3 / iOS 12.4.4 / iOS 12.4.5. This will let you install Jailbreak apps on your iOS 12.3 – iOS 12.3.2 & iOS 12.4 – iOS 12.4.5 running iPods. Also, compatible with the latest iOS 13 – iOS 13.4 versions.
Go to iOS 12.3 / iOS 12.3.2 Jailbreak page for download.
Ziyu is jailbreak another repo extractor. This is the best solution to install Jailbreak apps up to iOS 13.3.
Ziyu exclusively available on zJailbreak, Xabsi or iExtras.
Click here for more details.
Anzhuang is the best Online jailbreak alternative solution for iPod Touch. It uses Dev Code Extraction Method to install jailbreak apps including Cydia. However some Anzhuang functions have limitations.
You cannot install it from the App store or anywhere else. Just use zJailbreak or Xabsi or iExtras third party app stores for Anzhuang.
Click here to get Anzhuang installation link and the guide.
- Velonzy (Online) Method
Velonzy uses UDID registration method to install third party apps for iPod Touches. It is compatible with all the latest iOS versions up to iOS 11.4.1. Velonzy has an Online method as well as Computer required method. However, the Velonzy Online method is the way to install Cydia.You cannot install Cydia from PC based method. Now Velonzy has been discontinued by the developer.
Normally, Velonzy is a donateware. Users must donate them to install it. Pangu8 offers free Velonzy installation through the Pangu8 website. This is a best jailbreak alternative solution for all latest iOS versions.
Click here to get Velonzy Online installation for free.
- Silzee Online JB
Silzee Online JB is another NO PC jailbreak solution for iPod touches. It will give online jailbreak solution for most of the latest semi untethered / untethered jailbreak tools such as Chimera, Unc0ver, Electra, G0blin, Saigon, Yalu102, H3LIX, Phoenix JB, Home Depot, Pangu JB, JailbreakME and Etason JB.
It can get online jailbreak solutions up to iOS 12.4 versions using these jailbreak tools under the available Silzee Online JB app.
Click here to get the Silzee Online JB installation guide.
02) PC Required Jailbreak
Most jailbreak tools ask for PC support. Also it is available some PC required third party app installers. All these methods allow you to install jailbreak features to your iPod touches.
Following Jailbreak tools / jailbreak alternatives can be used to jailbreak iPod touches according to the iOS version.
- Checkra1n Jailbreak – iOS 12.3 to iOS 13.3.1 versions (64-bit only)
- Chimera Jailbreak – iOS 12 to iOS 12.2 & iOS 12.4 versions (64-bit only)
- Unc0ver Jailbreak – iOS 11 to iOS 12.2 & iOS 12.4 versions (64-bit only) and iOS 12.4.1 A12 iPhones only.
- Electra Jailbreak – iOS 11 to iOS 11.4.1 versions (64-bit only)
- Velonzy PC support method – iOS 10.3.3 to iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3, iOS 11.3.1, iOS 11.4, iOS 11.4.1 (64-bit/32-bit)
- Houdini Semi Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.2 & iOS 11 to iOS 11.3.1 (64-bit only)
- Meridian Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- G0blin Jailbreak – iOS 10.3 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- DoubleH3Lix Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- H3Lix Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3 versions (32-bit only)
- Pangu8 Jailbreak App Installer – iOS 10.3.3 (64-bit/32-bit)
- Saigon Jailbreak – iOS 10.2.1 version (64-bit only)
- Yalu102 Jailbreak – iOS 10 to iOS 10.2 versions (64-bit only)
- Phoenix Jailbreak – iOS 9.3.5 version (32-bit only)
- JailbreakMe – iOS 9.1 to iOS 9.3.4 versions (32-bit only)
- BetterHomeDepot Jailbreak – iOS 9.1 to iOS 9.3.4 versions (32-bit only)
- Pangu JB – iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 versions (64-bit only)
- Etason Jailbreak – iOS 8.4.1 version (32-bit only)
Apple Store jailbreak
Apple store jailbreak is another online jailbreaking method for the iPod devices. iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3 users had a chance to jailbreak iPod by using Apple store PG Client application. PG Client was the clone of PP jailbreak tool and supported jailbreak without using PC. This method is now not working because Apple identified it and removed the PG Client app from the Apple Store.
Cydia install guide for iPod Touch
Jailbreak is the only solution for iPod Touch Cydia install. Except for jailbreak no other solution for it or even iPod Touch users cannot download Cydia for iPod via Saurik official Cydia site.
Click the Cydia install page to get the iPod touch installation guide according to your device version.
iPod Touch Jailbreak Legal status
According to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), USA iPod Touch jailbreak is legal. However, following iPod jailbreak things are still illegal.
- Sim unlock using jailbreaking
- Cannot use spy apps
- Paid app download
- Stolen iPod iCloud bypass using jailbreak
- Change Apple trade mark
Difference between Jailbroken and non-Jailbroken iPod
iOS devices have the best smartphone camera. However, Apple offers some basic camera functions to default users. However, iPod Touch users can increase camera features after jailbroken.
There are two types of games available. (free and paid). In paid games, you have to pay coins to unlock further levels. However, jailbroken iPod Touch users can unlock game levels without paying.
Jailbroken iPod Touch users can download applications from both the official App Store and Cydia app store.
Instructions before iPod Touch Jailbreak
- Choose a compatible jailbreak tool according to device model and iOS version.
- Select iTunes firmware upgrade method instead of OTA, because of some particular jailbreak tools not compatible with OTA.
- Computers should run on minimum OS – XP for Windows – OS x 10.7 for Mac.
- Data should be backup before starting jailbreak. There are two types of methods available for data backup. Please use iTunes backup method instead of iCloud backup. iTunes backup is much easier than iCloud and there are unlimited data spaces that are unavailable on iTunes backup.
- Disable Touch ID and regular password before jailbreak. You can re-enable these setting changes after complete jailbreak.
- Disable Find My iPhone. You should re-enable Find My iPhone after jailbreak.
- Enable AirPlane mode and disable it after jailbreak.
Install latest iPod Touch features through iPod Touch jailbreak
Apple introduced so many new features with the latest iOS releases and devices. However, jailbroken iPod Touch users have the ability to install Apple all latest new features without firmware upgrade or hardware upgrade through jailbreak tweaks support.
Even iPod Touch does not support Auto Brightness, voice calls, text messages, cellular data. However, jailbroken users can convert an iPod Touch device as a normal iPhone device. Following jailbreak features install the latest iPod Touch features to your old device.
- Search in Settings – SearchSettings
- Quick Reply for Message- Auki
- Notification Center Widgets – NCWeather /Social Sharing Widget
- Third Party Keyboards – Hipjot / TouchPal
- Touch ID – iTouchSecure / UnlockID / BioLaunch
- Emoji icons – Emoji83
- 3D Touch – Notifications / Forcy /appendix
- QuickType – PredictiveKeyboard
- Night Shift – F.lux
- Live photo – PhotosLive / EnableLivePhotos