AltStore is a third-party app installer for non-jailbroken devices. It consists of a wide range of modded & hacked apps, games, and emulators to customize iPhone or iPad. Also, it works as an Jailbreak IPA installer for your iOS devices.
What is an Alt server ?
You should download the AltServer for the AltStore to work properly. AltServer is a sandboxed application for macOS or Windows operating systems to install Altstore on your iOS devices. Now AltServer v1.5 update available with support for AltJIT, direct.ipa sideloading and many more.
Note – Make sure you have iCloud configured on the Mac or if you are a Windows user install the iCloud desktop client and iTunesWith your Apple ID, it designs and installs any app.
What is an AltDaemon?
AltDaemon allows AltStore to install and refresh apps without a computer. So, now you can install, refresh, and update apps directly on an iOS device. It does not require a Mac or PC running AltServer on the same WiFi network.
However you need to have a jailbroken device because AltDaemon is a Cydia application. You can install it from the dynastic repo.
New features added via 1.5 version
- Use the new “Enable JIT” menu option to enable Just-In-Time (JIT) compilation with sideloaded apps
- Sideload apps (.ipa files) to iOS devices without first installing AltStore
- Use the same Apple ID to install AltStore on multiple iOS devices
- AltPlugin can now be updated without relying on AltServer
Other Existing features
- It installs apps with Wi-Fi using AltServer
- It uses your Apple ID to install apps
- It regularly refreshes apps in the background to prevent apps from expiring.
- It directly handles updates of apps through AltStore.
- Wide collection of modded apps and hacked games.
- All apps and games are free.
- No revoking issues.
- No need Jailbreaking.
Step guide to install IPA Directly from the AltStore JIT feature
Step 01 – Download and install AltStore on your devices using the above download buttons. Connect your iOS device to your PC first.
Step 02 – To install, enter your Apple ID and password.
Step 03 – Navigate to Settings > General > VPN and Device Management > VPN and Device Management > VPN and Device Management > VPN and Device Management > VPN and Launch the Developer App > Open > Trust the Developer App.
Step 04 – Now, from the iPhone or iPad Home Screen, launch AltStore.
Step 05 – Go to settings and Sign in with your Apple ID and Password.
Step 06 – Now unplug your device, launch the AltStore application.
Step 07 – Navigate to PC > Open AltStore > Select Enable JIT > Finish. Select and enable your device. Access the AltStore.
Step 08 – Now, download and install any IPA on your computer.
Step 09 – Launch AltStore by holding down the option (macOS) or Start (Windows) buttons.
The Install AltStore button has now changed to Sideload IPA.
Step 10 – Now, choose your device. Choose IPA.
Step 11 – Now, enter your Apple ID and password.
Step 12 – Wait for the IPA installation to complete. You no longer need to connect your Devices to your PC in order to reinstall IPA.
AltStore for sign IPA
AltStore uses Apple ID to sign the Jailbreak IPA’s for seven day. Altstore Jailbreak is the only successful method, hence every other method is getting revoked issues. On the other hand, the IPA+Cydia Impactor method also has issues.
Following Jailbreak IPA’s are available with Altstore.
You should have set up the Altstore on your device before proceeding to Unc0ver. Use the Altstore download links & guides according to your operating system.
Step 01 – Visit this pangu8 site, download tab, then Unc0ver Jailbreak page and download Unc0ver IPA in Safari on your iPhone or iPad and tap the following Unc0ver IPA button.
Step 02 – Now tap the downloaded unc0ver.ipa from Safari’s download manager.
Step 03 – Now tap on the Share button, then Copy to AltStore button.
Step 04 – Altstore will Open now. Enter the same Apple ID & Password to begin the side load unc0ver.ipa file and then tap on the Sign In button.
Step 05 – Once the process is complete, the unc0ver app will appear in your list of apps.
Step 06 – Now run the uc0ver app from the homescreen, and tap on the Jailbreak button to start the Jailbreak process.
Step 07 – Once complete the Jailbreak process Cydia will appear on your device homescreen.
Fugu is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 14.4 – iOS 14.5.1 by Linus Henze. Fugu14 untether is only available for arm64e devices (iPhone XS and newer) running iOS or iPadOS 14.4 -14.5.1. Also you can untether your unc0ver jailbreak with Fugu 14. AltStore 1.4.8 w/ support for unc0ver’s Fugu14-based untethered jailbreak is now available. Update AltStore via the My Apps tab, then sideload Unc0ver from the official site, then AltStore will guide you through the complete untether process.
Get complete guide from Fugu Jailbreak page.
Taurine is a newly released jailbreak for iOS 14 – iOS 14.3. You can sideload the Taurine Jailbreak IPA with altstore now.
First install Altstore on your device from the above button. Then install the Taurine Jailbreak IPA from the above button. Follow the same instructions provided on the Unc0ver step guide.
Find more information from the Taurine Jailbreak page.
Altstore Jailbreak compatible with sideload odyssey IPA too. Odyssey Jailbreak available for iOS 13 – iOS 13.7 Jailbreak.
You should download & set up the Alt Store before starting the Odyssey jailbreak process.
Step 01 – Visit the pangu8 Odyssey Jailbreak page and download odyssey IPA from your iPhone’s safari browser.
Step 02 – Tap on the blue Download button, then tap on the blue Install via AltStore button under the version, then tap the Open button from the pop up.
Step 03 – It will start side-loading the .ipa file. Once finished, Odyssey will appear as an installed app.
Step 04 – Launch the Odyssey jailbreak app from your device homescreen.
Step 05 – Tap on the Jailbreak button to begin the Jailbreak process. It will require rebooting the device. Tap OK to continue.
Step 06 – Once the device boots up, again run the Odyssey app and tap the Jailbreak button. Now the device will respring.
Step 07 – Finally, Sileo should appear on your device’s Homescreen.
Delta is an all in one emulator. It is compatible with the latest iOS versions. This is support for more games systems such as Nintendo & Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Game boy and many more. This allows you to sync data between all your devices.
- Delta Lite
This also supports both NES games and GBC games.
Clip is a Clipboard manager which can run in the background.
Error 1 – AltStore is Not Installing
This is a common error mostly. Try with the following options.
- You are required to “Trust” your iPhone with your computer when iTunes ask” if you want to trust your phone”
- Try using another Apple ID. Create a specific Apple ID for AltStore only.
- Make sure that iTunes or iCloud is running while you are using AltServer.
- You should download the latest versions of iTunes or iCloud directly from Apple.(not from the Microsoft store)
Error 2 – AltStore Freezes
Another issue you might experience taking too long before you can sign-in to AltStore. Try the following if you are a Windows user.
- Check your Windows firewall. Go to firewall settings, you need to enable network access for Altserver.
- Make sure that iTunes and iCloud are running on your computer.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection.
Error 3 – Could Not Find AltServer
AltStore can’t locate the AltServer that is running on the same Wi-Fi network. Try doing the following.
- Make sure that AltServer is running and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as AltStore.
- You should have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
zJailbreak is the most popular 3rd party application manager for latest iOS devices. This is the real alternative for the AltStore. Because it is available in almost the same apps as well as more than AltStore apps under the zJailbreak app store.
zJailbreak is compatible with latest iOS versions and iOS devices. you can install zJailbreak apps for iOS beta versions too. Jailbreak app installers, Online untethered / semi-untethered jailbreak tools including Unc0ver Jailbreak, game apps, movie apps, theme apps and many more apps are available under zJailbreak app store.
Zeon is a Jailbreak repo extractor specially designed for iOS 14. Now this has been upgraded up to iOS 15.6 jailbreak app installation method. This is the easiest way to install Jailbreak apps, tweaks, etc on iOS 14 – iOS 14.8.1, iOS 15 – iOS 15.6. It is the best Online jailbreak solution.
Find more about it from the following pages.
Jailbreak iOS 15.6 ( Beta )
- Hexxa Plus / Hexxa
Hexxa Plus and Hexxa are jailbreak repo extractors which you are able to extract repos to install jailbreak apps to non jailbroken iDevices. It has many jailbreak apps, tweaks, game tweaks, themes and more under this repo extractor. Hexxa Plus supports iOS 14 to iOS 14.8.1, iOS 13 – iOS 13.7 Jailbreak and Hexxa is supported for iOS 12 to iOS 12.5.5 Jailbreak.
It can install hidden iOS apps for non jailbreak iOS devices with BuildStore. BuildStore consists of many favorite apps, Games, Emulators, Tweaks and more.
Unc0ver JB, Youtube++, Popcorn Time TV, Movie Box, Media Box, iPlay TV and many famous apps are available under the BuildStore app.
Tweak Box is another alternative third party app store for Altstore. It has thousands of exclusive apps under Flash apps, iOS apps, Tweakbox apps and Tweaks categories. You don’t need to Jailbreak your device to install tweakbox and it is compatible with all latest iOS versions/device models. Also, you can find apps and games easily using the search feature.
AppValley is very famous for tweaked apps. Other than the tweaked apps, you can download iOS apps, game emulators, screen recorders, Cydia apps and tweaks
It doesn’t need a jailbroken device to install AppValley. All the latest iPhones and iPads are compatible with this. AppValley is a real alternative for AltStore. Most AltStore apps and tweaks are available under the AppValley app store.
More about Altstore
- A famous iOS app developer Riley Testut developed AltStore as an iOS app which allows you to sideload IPA files on your iOS device by signing your own Apple ID. This is quite similar to the Cydia Impactor method
- Most of the third-party app stores are revoked by Apple. But Altstore never gets revoked. AltStore Jailbreak IPA’s / Apps prevent expiring issues as it is used to re-sign apps with personal development certificates over iTunes WiFi sync through AltServer. The other important thing is it can continue app updates directly through AltStore
- Altstore expires in 7 days – Normally, the apps you have installed using non-developer Apple IDs are only valid for 7 days. Those apps will no longer open. AltStore will refresh your apps in the background from time to time to resolve this. Once refreshed, they will not expire for another week. Also it can manually refresh your apps from within AltStore